Welcome to the Efabless Open MPW Shuttle Program
The Efabless Open MPW Shuttle Program provides fabrication for fully open-source projects using the SkyWater Open Source PDK announced by Google and SkyWater.
The shuttle provides opportunities for designers to experiment and push the state-of-the-art without having to reconcile the risk associated with the cost of fabrication.
The shuttle program is open to anyone, provided that their project is fully open source and meets the other program requirements. The first shuttle run is planned for November of 2020 with more scheduled for 2021. Costs for fabrication, packaging, evaluation boards and shipping are covered by Google for this program.
Project Submission Requirements
The following project requirements must be met in order to qualify for inclusion on the shuttle program:
- The project must be targeted on the currently-supported SkyWater Open PDK for the 130nm process.
- The project must be posted on a git-compatible repo and be publicly accessible.
- The top-level of the project must include a LICENSE file for an approved open-source license agreement. Third-party source code must be identified and source code must contain proper headers.
- The repo must include project documentation and adhere to Google's inclusive language guidelines.
- The project must be fully open. The project must contain a GDSII layout, which must be reproducible from source contained in the project.
- Projects must use a common test harness and padframe based on the Caravel repo. The projects must be implemented within the user space of the layout and meet all requirements for the Caravel.
- Projects must successfully pass the Open MPW precheck tool, including LVS and DRC clean using the referenced versions of OpenLane flow.
- November 12, 2020: Project submission is open
- November 30, 2020: Project submission is closed
- February, 19, 2021: Tapeout complete
- July 5, 2021: Expected wafer run complete, packaging and assembly begins
- September 6, 2021: Parts and assembled boards shipped to project owners
OPEN MPW SHUTTLE REQUESTS
Login to interact with your Open MPW Requests
|Request||Info||Category||Owner / Company||Open Date||Shuttle||Status|
|test1||Info||Open MPW||Michael Irschick / test1||Nov 08, 2020||MPW-ONE||Open|
|my_mpw_request||Info||Open MPW||Jeff DiCorpo / my organization||Nov 06, 2020||MPW-ONE||Open|
|TESTRM||Info||Open MPW||Ahmed El-Omla||Apr 13, 2021||MPW-TWO||Open|
|my_request||Info||Open MPW||Jeff DiCorpo / my organization||Nov 09, 2020||MPW-ONE||Open|
|New_request||Info||Open MPW||Michael Irsch||Apr 16, 2021||MPW-TWO||Open|
|test_project12-35||Info||Open MPW||Michael Irsch||Apr 19, 2021||MPW-TWO||Open|
|my_mpw_request||Info||Open MPW||Jeff Admin / my organization||Nov 06, 2020||MPW-ONE||Open|
|test_project12-4||Info||Open MPW||Michael Irschick / test||Dec 05, 2020||MPW-ONE||Open|
|jerry_callo_mpw_2_req_a||Info||Open MPW||Jerry Callo||May 11, 2021||MPW-TWO||Open|